Anal stenosis (AS) or stricture is defined as the loss of compliant natural elasticity of the anal opening, which then becomes abnormally tight and fibrous. It is a very disabling condition, worsened by the patient's embarrassment, yet uncommon.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgical Clinics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Anal stenosis.Surg Clin North Am. 1994; 74: 1353-1360
- Anal stricture following haemorrhoidectomy: early diagnosis and treatment.Aust N Z J Surg. 1995; 65: 101-103
- How I do it. Anal stenosis.Am J Surg. 2000; 179: 325-329
- Anorectal injury following pelvic radiotherapy.Br J Surg. 2001; 88: 1037-1048
- Anal stenosis with megarectum: an unusual complication of a perineal burn.J Burn Care Rehabil. 1993; 14: 350-352
- Classification and management of postsurgical anal stenosis.Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1986; 163: 60-64
- Repair of anal stricture and mucosal ectropion with Y-V or pedicle flap anoplasty.Am J Surg. 1993; 166: 55-59
- Anoplasty for stenosis and other anorectal defects.Am Surg. 1995; 61: 526-529
- Anal fissure and stenosis.Surg Clin North Am. 1988; 68: 1427-1440
- Pedicled scrotal island skin flap in the treatment of anal basal cell carcinoma.Br J Plast Surg. 2001; 54: 173-176
- Rhomboid flap in proctologic reconstruction.Dis Colon Rectum. 1990; 33: 73-77
- Repair of anal stricture after Whitehead operation.Am J Gastroenterol. 1990; 85: 480-481
- Internal pudendal flap anoplasty for severe anal stenosis. Report of a case.Dis Colon Rectum. 1996; 39: 350-352
- The prepuce flap in the reconstruction of male anal stenosis.Br J Plast Surg. 1999; 52: 660-662
- The plastic use of skin in simple anal stricture, reconstruction of anal pilonidal disease.Trans Am Proct Soc. 1944; 44: 195-200
- V-Y advancement flap for anal ectropion.Dis Colon Rectum. 1986; 29: 596-598
- V-Y island flaps for repair of large perianal defects.Am J Surg. 2001; 181: 363-365
- Plastic relief of anal stenosis.Dis Colon Rectum. 1969; 12: 277-280
- Repair of anal stricture and mucosal ectropion by simple flap procedures.Dis Colon Rectum. 1986; 29: 92-94
- “House” advancement pedicle flap for anal stenosis.Dis Colon Rectum. 1992; 35: 201-203
- Operative results of House advancement anoplasty.Br J Surg. 1996; 83: 1242-1244
- Repair of “Whitehead deformity” of the anus.Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1959; 108: 115-116
- The whitehead hemorrhoidectomy. An unjustly maleigned procedure.Dis Colon Rectum. 1988; 31: 587-590
- Island flap anoplasty for anal canal stenosis and mucosal ectropion.Am Surg. 1994; 60: 194-196
- Anal S-plasty for Whitehead deformity.Dis Colon Rectum. 1973; 16: 388-391
- Anoplasty for the treatment of anal stenosis.Am J Surg. 1998; 175: 158-160
- Y-V anoplasty for severe anal stenosis.Contemp Surg. 1988; 33: 62-68
- Y-V anoplasty for treatment of anal stricture.Surg Gynecol Obstret. 1986; 162: 241-242
© 2002 Elsevier Science (USA). Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.