Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
- Creating the educated surgeon in the 21st Century.Am J Surg. 2001; 181: 551-556
- The briefing, intraoperative teaching, debriefing model for teaching in the operating room.J Am Coll Surgeons. 2009; 208: 299-303
- Effective intraoperative teaching: from theory to practice, RISE (Resources in Surgical Education), American College of Surgeons Division of Education.(Available at:)https://www.facs.org/education/division-of-education/publications/rise/articles/intraoperative-teaching(Accessed January 15, 2021)Date: 2020
- What do we know about intraoperative teaching?.Ann Surg. 2017; 266: 251-259
- Identification of teaching excellence in operating room and clinic settings.Am J Surg. 2002; 183: 251-255
- Teaching techniques in the operating room: the importance of perceptual motor teaching.Acad Med. 2012; 87: 364-371
- Faculty development for the operating room: an examination of the effectiveness of an intraoperative teaching course for surgeons.Ann Surg. 2019; 269: 184-190
- Actual vs perceived performance debriefing in surgery: practice far from perfect.Am J Surg. 2013; 205: 434-440
Brennan WJ & Supreme Court Of The United States. US Reports: Jacobellis v. Ohio, 378 U.S. 184. [Periodical] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, 1963. Available at: https://www.loc.gov/item/usrep378184/
- A theory-based model for teaching and assessing residents in the operating room.J Surg Educ. 2013; 70: 24-30
- Reliability, validity, and feasibility of the zwisch scale for the assessment of intraoperative performance.J Surg Educ. 2014; 71: e90-e96
- Duration of faculty training needed to ensure reliable OR performance ratings.J Surg Educ. 2013; 70: 703-708
- Feasibility, reliability and validity of an operative performance ratings system for evaluating surgery residents.Surgery. 2005; 183: 640-649
- The Ottawa Surgical Competency Operating Room Evaluation (O-SCORE): a tool to assess surgical competence.Acad Med. 2012; 87: 1401-1407
- The feasibility of real-time intraoperative performance assessment with SIMPL (System for Improving and Measuring Procedural Learning): early experience from a multi-institutional trial.J Surg Educ. 2016; 73: e118-e130
- Quality of operative performance feedback given to thoracic surgery residents using an app-based system.J Surg Educ. 2017; 74: e81-e87