Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgical Clinics
- Ch. 46: “The role of VATS pleurodesis in the management of initial primary spontaneous pneumothorax”.in: Ferguson M.K. Difficult decisions in thoracic surgery. 2nd edition. Springer, 2011: 401-407
- Ch.130:” Pneumothorax and Pneumomediastinum.in: Sugarbaker D.J. Sugarbaker’s Adult Chest Surgery, 3e. McGraw Hill, 2020
- Management of pneumothorax: an update.Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2022; 28: 62-67
- Age and Clinical Presentation for Primary Spontaneous Pneumothorax.Heart Lung Circ. 2020; 29: 1648-1655
- New insights and improved strategies for the management of primary spontaneous pneumothorax.Clin Respir J. 2019; 13: 195-201
- Recurrence of primary spontaneous pneumothorax.Thorax. 1997; 52: 805-809
- Epidemiology and management of primary spontaneous pneumothorax: a systematic review.Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2020; 30: 337-345
- Tension pneumothorax, is it a really life-threatening condition?.J Cardiothorac Surg. 2013; 8: 197
- AACP Pneumothorax Consensus Group. Management of spontaneous pneumothorax: an American College of Chest Physicians Delphi consensus statement.Chest. 2001; 119: 590-602
- BTS Pleural Disease Guideline Group. Management of spontaneous pneumothorax: British Thoracic Society Pleural Disease Guideline 2010.Thorax. 2010; 65 (ii18–31)
- Ambulatory management of large spontaneous pneumothorax with pigtail catheters.Ann Emerg Med. 2014; 64: 222-228
- Ambulatory management of primary spontaneous pneumothorax: an open-label, randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2020; 396: 39-49
Dhanasopon, et al. Chest Tube Drainage in the Age of COVID-19. In Van Rhee JA, ed. Physician Assistant Clinical Surgery. Elsevier, 2021;6:2, 261-265.
- Empyema commission of 1918-Impact on acute care surgery 100 years later.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2019; 86: 321-325
- Statement of the Subcommittee on Surgery, “Management of Nontuberculous Empyema.Am Rev Resp Dis. 1962; 85: 935
- Diagnostic value of some biochemical pleural fluid examinations.Scand J Respir Dis Suppl. 1968; 63: 121-126
- Pleural effusions: the diagnostic separation of transudates and exudates.Ann Intern Med. 1972; 77: 507-513
- Pleural effusion: comparison of clinical judgment and Light's criteria in determining the cause.South Med J. 1989; 82: 1487-1491
- Recommendations of diagnosis and treatment of pleural effusion. Update.Arch Bronconeumol. 2014; 50 (English, Spanish): 235-249
- The American Association for Thoracic Surgery consensus guidelines for the management of empyema.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017; 153: e129-e146
- The increasing incidence of empyema.Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2013; 19: 350-356
- Minimal detectable pleural effusions. A roentgen pathology model.Radiology. 1972; 105: 51-53
- Thoracic empyema in patients with community-acquired pneumonia.Am J Med. 2006; 119: 877-883
- Intrapleural use of tissue plasminogen activator and DNase in pleural infection.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 518-526
- The relationship between chest tube size and clinical outcome in pleural infection.Chest. 2010; 137: 536-543
- First Multicenter Intrapleural Sepsis Trial (MIST1) Group. U.K. Controlled trial of intrapleural streptokinase for pleural infection.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352 (Erratum in: N Engl J Med. 2005;352(20):2146): 865-874
- Management of pleural space infections: a population-based analysis.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2007; 133: 346-351
- Intrapleural urokinase in the management of parapneumonic empyema: a randomised controlled trial.Int J Clin Pract. 2001; 55: 658-660
- Intrapleural streptokinase for empyema and complicated parapneumonic effusions.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2004; 170: 49-53
- Early use of intrapleural fibrinolytics in the management of postpneumonic empyema. A prospective study.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2005; 28: 599-603
- A double blind randomized cross over trial comparing rate of decortication and efficacy of intrapleural instillation of alteplase vs placebo in patients with empyemas and complicated parapneumonic effusions.Respir Med. 2012; 106: 716-723
- Comparison of intrapleural use of urokinase and tissue plasminogen activator/DNAse in pleural infection.ERJ Open Res. 2019; 5: 00084-2019